I am so tired of all the fighting. I do not understand any of the things happening around the world. I do not understand the things happening in my country either. There is too much hate in the world.
I want to live in a world where people:
- are tolerant
- build each other up instead of tearing each other down
- celebrate unique differences instead of spreading hate
- look after one another
- care for their communities
- are curious about the world around them
- strive to be better than they were yesterday
- encourage love and understanding
- forge relationships instead of waging wars
- help each other
- encourage others to be self sufficient
- forgive others for their mistakes
- build teams instead of armies
- work together for the common good
- celebrate each other’s successes
- promote honest and open communication
- care about whether or not others have food and shelter
I am sickened by the actions of humanity right now. We are so busy judging and hating we are unable to see how we are all the same. It breaks my heart. What good is going to come of all this terror and turmoil? I do not know what the answer is, however it seems rather simple… just stop being assholes. Don’t blow people up. Stop committing genocide. Stop promoting fear and distrust of others.
I feel guilty for being safe and happy. I feel guilty for feeling gratitude for my son’s safety. He has a warm bed and plenty of food to eat. I do not know the answer. I do not know how to help the world be a different place. Why are there people who prefer hatred and violence over love and peace? Seriously, it makes no sense.
We are fighting over ideals and imaginary laws. Somehow we have been blinded to the most important truth; we are all human beings. You would think this would be a firm enough foundation for forming new relationships. We should be working toward a common goal.
Maybe I am naive, but I really just want things to be better. I don’t want to be afraid. I don’t want anyone to be afraid. I just want everyone to meet their potential and to be safe from violence.
2 thoughts on “Is it too much to ask?”
I think that human beings are fragile and easily damaged, and then we start throwing shit at each other as a self-defence mechanism. We do that on a personal level, but things get nasty when groups of countries start doing the same. All we can do is stop throwing shit at those around us, and instead work on building up each other’s self-confidence and self-esteem.
LikeLiked by 1 person
It seems so simple… Yet-